In attention to Cinema Users,
Following ORDA Decision No. 11 of the 18th of January 2006, published in the Off. Gazette No. 98, Part I /1st of February 2006, the users of cinematographic works have the obligation to pay an unique equitable remuneration to the collective management organisation of performers’ rights (CREDIDAM).
The users have the obligation to pay toward CREDIDAM a remuneration representing the patrimonial related rights for the use of artistic performances in the audiovisual field, by applying the percentage of 1.2% upon the calculation base.
The calculation base is made up of the total monthly gross income gained by each user, from which the VAT and the cinematographic stamp duty are deducted.
The users have the obligation to send to CREDIDAM, by the 25th of each month, for the previous month, a report that will include:
- The complete list of the artistic performances in the audiovisual field, the duration of their use, mentioning the name of each videogram used daily and its producer. This list is the distribution base for the remuneration collected by Credidam.
- The calculation base for the amounts transferred.
The report will be submitted in electronic format and will be accompanied by a cover letter bearing the name of the legal representative, the signature and seal of the user, letter certifying on their own responsibility the veracity and correctness of the information laid down in the report.
- The remuneration shall be paid on quarterly, by the 26th of the first month following the quarter for which it is due.
IMPORTANT! Starting with April 4th 2022 (the date of entry into force of Law no.69/2022) a penalty equal to the statutory interest shall apply.
Means of payment:
- Into the account having IBAN CODE: RO02INGB0001000152938948, opened with ING BANK. –1st District Branch
- From your mobile phone, using the BCR – TOUCH 24 application, by following the steps below:
Operations → Invoice payment → Others → CREDIDAM
IMPORTANT! Regarding the methodologies now in force, they have been updated/modified „ope legis” starting with April, 4th, 2022 (when Law no.69/2022 for amending Copyright Law no.8/1996, came into force). They are still valid and shall apply except the any provisions contrary to art.164 para.2 and art.165 para.9/1 from Law no.8/1996. For details, you can consult the reply letter sent by the Romanian Copyright Office in this regard.
Procedure for obtaining the license
- Fill in the authorisation petition and the license form.
- Mail the signed and sealed application and license form in 2 original signed and sealed counterparts, and 1 copy of TIN (tax identification number).
- You will receive the license in original, signed and sealed by CREDIDAM.
- Mail the monthly report, and pay the remuneration, respectively, on the deadlines set out in the methodology and in the license clauses.